Saturday, March 20, 2010

And a 1 and a 2....



Well so begins the dance competition season.  Today, the four girls, my friend, April and her daughter, Alix and I drove to Rose Valley to the dance competition. The van was packed!!!
Makenna and Alix performed their jazz duet to a full house! They did terrific.  There were 8 groups dancing in their age group. Makenna and Alix danced wonderfully, although they didn't place in the top 3.  We are excitedly awaiting their adjudication page which tells us what they need to work on before their next competition in Tisdale in April.
Here are some pictures of the girls after their performance .... too bad I forgot to take pictures before this when Alix still had all her makeup on.




I survived having all four of the girls there with me.  I put Shallen up on my back while I did hair and makeup.  And she danced right along while the girls were on stage.  It was Jorja I had to worry about. She has no fear. She wanders off and gets lost all the time, even after I pulled her aside and made her cry telling her that she might gets picked up by "bad" people if she doesn't stay with me.  I am worried about how she will do when we head to the city next weekend. Maybe I should be putting her up on my back...

Of course, the funnest part of the trip was the ride there and back.  The kids had a blast in the back singing along with their favorite songs and playing DS while April and I had a great visit up in the front.

Now we are just hanging out watching The Wizard of Oz and trying to get organized for our trip back to Rose Valley tomorrow for Rhiannon's duet.... we have to all be on the road before 10am. 

What a convenient weekend for Mike to be curling in the bonspiel in Carrot River.... ;)


Oh and in off topic school news... I have Grade 12 Essays coming in (47 of them) so I really should be marking... (of course) And our new Vice Principal was hired... more change is on the way... always a scary thing.. no matter who it is. Next year should be an interesting year!

No comments:

Post a Comment