Monday, August 23, 2010

HillTop Hillbillies.....

Our summer of camping at the HillTop Campground at Tobin Lake with the Hayes family was wonderful this year.  We were not too sure about the location of a our campsite since we were situated right across from the store and the playground.  This was great for the kids but a more private location might have been more beneficial for the adults ;)  In the end we did enjoy being able to watch the kids as they made their way safely back and forth from the park.

While we were camping, we had lots of visitors.  Mike's Aunt Lorna and Uncle Lyle from Chilliwack B.C. came out for a barbeque when they were home for homecoming in Nipawin.  Dean, Kerry, Dayen, & Jaden Spice all came and hung out with us for a week or so... they enjoyed themself so much that they came back the next weekend and pulled their camper onto our campsite... yep, we definately looked like hillbillies!!! But we had lots of fun!!!



Jaden and Shallen "sharing" chips!



We had some very nice weather in July. When we weren't on the boat with Captain Cory, we spend the nice days on the beach. At the beginning of the summer Shallen would not leave the blanket because the sand felt too weird on her feet. However, once she got used to it she was out there with the other kids building sandcastles and making mud!


Lily and Rhiannon making a Hot Tub!

Brrrrrrr!!!!!!
Cohen found something interesting!
     

On the last day that Cory was there to drive the boat, after all the kids were done tubing and kneeboarding, Andrea and I decided to go double tubing behind the boat. Yes, we think we are still young.  It ended up that I was able to push Andrea off her tube a few times and she was sure that her tube was to blame so we decided to trade tubes.  As we were switching tubes at the boat and I was climbing up the ladder at the back of the boat my feet slipped and I fell off the boat and kicked the motor some how.  Anyway, long story short.... I ended up with 5 stitches and was unable to go in the water for the last week of the camping trip... oh well.  One of the hot days, the little girls and I had a waterfight at the campground since I was still unable to walk the hill down to the beach.
On the second last day of camping, Rhiannon came running from the park with her hand covering her mouth. Of course I thought the worst but she had just lost her loose tooth! Isn't she cute???


Smile!!!!!
It was a sad day when we had to leave the lake. No one wanted to go home, especially Lily.  She had slept almost every night in our trailer and we had basically made a straight trade: Andrea had Makenna in her camper and we got Lily. (we thought we got a good deal)  We called Lily our adopted daughter/sister and she called me "auntie-mom".... Poor Lily was so sad when she had to go back to her real mom's house! hee hee!

We are so so so very lucky to get to spend so much quality time with our sisters, cousins, aunties, uncles and grandparents... we can't wait to do it again next summer.  We just need to remember to book our sites at the beginning of March!

Oh and as for my summer reading... I got 18 of the 19 books read on my reading list. I just did not get to Three Cups of Tea.  And I did end up reading one extra book Sh*t my Dad Says which is a funny read although it is quite vulgar in places. So I ended up reading 19 books this summer. Guess it is time for me to start stockpiling books for next summer!!!!

I guess that is it when it comes to our summer adventures. We don't stray too far but we enjoy every minute of the family time that we get.  Summer holidays makes me appreciate my job so much more!  And when I am stressed during the school year I must remember all the fun and relaxation that I get to enjoy during the summertime. It is a time I do not take forgranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment