Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fishing, hot tubbin' and man I am old!!!

I just noticed that today is about half way through holidays :( however, I am not that sad. Since holidays started I have only stayed at home overnight one night!!! I love that we camp so close to home.
The big girls: Makenna, Rhiannon and Tansley, went fishing yesterday afternoon off the rocks by the marina. Andrea and I never imagined that they would actually catch something!
Rhiannon, who seems to be a natural fisher person, caught a little jackfish. (at least I think that is what it was) Auntie Andrea filleted it and Rhiannon ate it for supper!

She was not too keen on actually touching it for the photo but she was pretty excited that she caught it!

Mom and dad finally got their new hot tub all hooked up! It seems like forever since we had a working hot tub at the lake. It has all the bells and whistles including a hook up for an iPod but we have yet to figure that out! The grandkids and their moms loved the dip last night.

There is lots of room in it! Perfect for a hot tub party... once grandpa gets the deck done around it. Auntie Andrea was playing with the buttons on the on seat that has its own pump for its jets and "broke" it!!! The jets would no longer work!!! She felt so bad but luckily she just over used the "pulsing" feature and the pump went into cool down mode. We will have to watch what she is doing in the seat next time!!
This last weekend I had my 20 year class reunion! It was so good to get to see some of my classmates that I don't get to see very often. However, it also reminded me how glad I am that I am not in high school anymore. It is very ironic that I work in the same school that I graduated from but I wouldn't go back to that time in my life.
It didn't take long for all the same insecurities to come back to me. One good thing is that I am older and wiser and I realized that those insecurities were silly and I had a great time!

Things I learned at my class reunion:
1. We are older but not necessarily wiser!
2. It takes longer now to recover from a party...
3. I like rye... I decided to drink what I drank in high school. It has been years since I drank rye... It makes me ryetarded!!!!
4. I have great friends. Even if we don't see each other often when we get together it is so much fun!

5. I won the prize for the most kids... Who knew I was the horniest of the bunch ;)
6. I can't wait for our 30 year reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment