I am trying to get my two classes of grade 12 English classes going on their Literature Circles for their novels. I am trying to implement the new grade 8 Social Studies curriculum using backwards design and the new assessment strategies. It was all too much. Thankfully I have my grade 8 Health class that is just bumping along.
I thought I had it all together but today the house of cards came tumbling down. I had some issues with when we have to have our marks submitted in April and my principal said he would make an exception for me BUT that just makes me feel guilty. Then I went for a meeting with our Differentiated Learning Teacher to help me with the new curriculum, backwards design and assessment and I just got soooo overwhelmed. Yep, cried at her desk. Thank goodness February break is only 1 day away.
I am not sure how I will be able to do this for 22 more years. It seems so pointless. As soon as I seem to get my feet under me they change the way we have to plan or assess or the curriculum changes (or like right now... they change all of them at the same time!)... I am sure once I have figured this all out they will pull the carpet out and change it all again. I am not sure I can do it...... Ok I am being overly dramatic! LOL... I am sure I will be fine... just a major stressful day.
The funny thing is none of my stress has to do with the students. My students are wonderful. They are enlightening and challenging. I love teaching them... if only that is what is was all about!!!




HUGS!
ReplyDeleteI know that feeling!! I haven't been in the classroom for a long time and I feel so overwhelmed listening to my teacher friends talk about what they are implementing in their classrooms. I can't imagine being a mom to little ones AND managing new methods, meetings, and a classful of little ones! There absolutely is some Supermama(ness) going on in your life!! You are awesome Denise!
ReplyDelete