Lately I have been thinking about getting older (maybe it is because my birthday is coming up... maybe I am just being morbid) and I figure I am basically half way dead ... so much with my self talk about the glass being half full....
Anyway, I look into my future and think about what it will be like in 15, 20 or 25 years... and it depresses me. My life right now is pretty perfect (other than I REAAAAALLLLY want to win a lottery). I have happy, healthy kids. We have a comfortable life. My husband isn't all that bad either.
It is kind of depressing to think about being like 80 or 90 or whatever and having nothing to plan for. Ya, I am a planner. I will probably end up being the social coordinator of the old folks home.. hee heee!
I guess when I was younger I wanted to be older... get married, have kids etc... now I have everything I wanted .... does that mean it is all down hill from here???
And also, I see people saving for "retirement" and what not... then I see people who retire, get sick and die... or people who get sick and don't ever get to retire.... so I think, why bother worrying about saving for then??? Not that we put away or save all that much anyway but still... I think about it.
The good thing about this whole entry is that basically I am saying that I am enjoying my life right now and I wish that things could stay this way forever... but I know things must change... I need to enjoy my life and some how stop focusing on the future and enjoy the NOW!
Hope you enjoyed the short ride through my crazy thoughts...
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Sept 14-20)
4 days ago






Enjoy the now and I'll help you enjoy the future in person this summer at the lake!
ReplyDeletewhooo hooo! I look forward to it! :)
ReplyDeleteTry to think of all the great things you've got to look forward to (parties, trips, etc, etc) instead... You're WAAAAAAYY too young for this kind of talk!! ;) ;)
ReplyDelete