Thursday, May 13, 2010

Now I remember why I have so many kids...


So sorry I have not been blogging lately... my life is crazy right now. I mean crazier than usual... but I will get to that later!

Anyway, back to my topic at hand... why I have so many kids...


Today the state of my house finally got to me so after Girl Guides we started cleaning the house.  While I made supper (which took longer than usual because I ran out of propane in the middle of cooking the burgers) Rhiannon and Makenna cleaned out the dishwasher and set the table.

After supper the real cleaning started... Makenna cleaned off the table and loaded the dishwasher while Rhiannon washed all the dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher.  Once she was done that Makenna started vaccuming. She vaccumed the entranceway, kitchen, living room/dining room, bathroom and family room.  Rhiannon moved into the bathroom and cleaned up the counter and mirrors once the kitchen was done.  Jorja and I were busy picking up toys and organizing the family room before Makenna got there with the vacuum. Once we were done that Jorja dusted the family room, living room and dining room and then washed the coffee table.  One hour and a large black garbage bag full of crap and the main floor of the house was clean!!! YEP, this is why I love having kids! ;) 

Anyway, my life has been pretty crazy right now. We are coming to the end of dance season with the big dance recital this weekend.  It pretty much takes up all day and night Saturday and all day Sunday. Once dance is done Speed Swimming for Makenna and Rhiannon starts on Monday!  Yep, it is never ending.

May and June is always so overwhelming.  The kids are busy. The days are getting nice so on the weekends I don't get marking done since I have so many better things to do. It also doesn't help that Mike is basically only home to sleep. He leaves at about 7:45am and usually is home on time to catch the news at 11pm. One good thing about being so busy at this time of year is that May and June usually flies by... summer is getting closer!!!

Since I have been neglecting my blog I have a few things to share:

We all just got over major colds. I hope we are good now for the rest of the spring/summer. Shallen was having a bad time teething. It looked like 4 of her molars were all trying to come in. She was so grouchy. She was fevered and wouldn't sleep.  It was about 4 days of hell.... but now she is back to her smiley self... but NO teeth poked through... they all kind of went back down... I am hoping that when they do pop out that it will be painless.. here is to hoping!!

Talking about teeth..... Rhiannon finally lost her first tooth. She was 7 years 3 months old when she lost it.  It was quite loose but she wanted it for show and tell so she let Mike wiggle it for about 10 minutes until it fell out.  She is one tough cookie!!!


The girls teacher's went above and beyond for Mother's Day gifts this year.  Rhiannon gave me a flower in a pot which had a cupcake shoved in it and covered with icing... however, most of the icing didn't make it home on the bus ;)  Makenna's teacher gave me the perfect teacher gift. It was a flower pot, painted by Mak, filled with dried peas then she took pens, put fake flowers on them and taped them on with florist tape... doubt my students will be stealing them.


I had a pretty good Mother's Day. The girls and I went to church then out to White Fox to Sunday brunch with my parents, Andrea, all the kids and my sister, Robyn.  She was home from Camrose for a couple days. Luckily after brunch we all went over to Andrea's to hang out... and Robyn cut and coloured my hair!!! I love it... and I have gotten lots of compliments on it.

The weather is finally getting warmer... today I took a picture of Shallen's first barefoot walk on grass. It is always so funny to watch kids when they do this for the first time... I am sure the sensation on their feet is confusing for them... but it is so cute.



On the Weight Loss/Healthy Living front....
Seriously, I am losing my MOJO... I love food too much!
However, I have started a 100 Push Up Challenge.  In the last 10 days I have gone from doing 6 pushups in a row to 15!!! That's not too bad!  I am hoping for some nice looking arms this summer.... well at least something will look nice! ;)

And lastly... how about those Canadiens!!!!



So until next time........ Go Habs Go!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment