I know that most of you thinking that my most hated part of my job is MARKING and usually that is true. (I googled "I hate Marking" looking for a blinkie and I got pages and pages of blogs and what not with frustrated teachers!!!! LOL.... but NO blinkie!) ANYWAY, usually I say that marking is the most hated part of my job but that is not really true.
The most hated part of my job is something that I have to deal with so rarely that I usually don't even put it on the list... however, when dealing with this most hated part of my job it is very stressful and emotionally and mentally draining.
This most hated part of "the job" is dealing with difficult students. Now you must realize that, in my opinion, teenagers get a bad rap. 99.999% of them are sweet people. It is that other 0.001% that causes the issues.
On Friday, I had to deal with that small percentage. It had been building for a couple days and it came to a head last period on Friday. Looking back I feel that I handled the situation very well, much better than I would have dealt with it when I started teaching. However, at the end of the whole thing, after the student was gone and it all set in I still ended up as a crying mess. This is pretty normal for me... it is how I deal with confrontation. Think of Arizona Robbins on Grey's Anatomy... the time she confronted Chief Weber. hee hee.
As for my second hated part of marking...... I am procrastinating from marking right now... nursing my cold, blowing my nose and watching the Canucks play hockey while a fire burns in the fireplace. Yes I am a mom, a teacher, a blogger addict and I definately can multi-task!!!
My goal for tonight is to mark one set of papers, make some supper and do my initial test for the push up challenge!!!! Come on... join in!!!
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! (found these blinkies and thought they went well together!)
7 Day High Protein Diet Meal Plan
20 hours ago





I did the initial sit-up and push-up test. If I can move tomorrow I may try the squats. The thing that will help me the most is printing off the schedule/chart. Otherwise I have to look it up online...and check facebook...and the board...and email...and oh look, Denise is online so we can chat. One little piece of paper will keep me from all of the online distractions long enough to get the job do...oh look, Denise pinged me on my blackberry...and so it begins and ends. ;)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the student...hopefully you will have had an impact and things will turn around.
ReplyDelete