Thursday, June 24, 2010

June in Review....

Thank goodness June is just about over.  It is by far the worst month of the year.
Since I have been neglecting my blog due to more important things like marking, work, marking and work, I thought I should give you an update on what went on in June. My kids are so cute that I thought I would give you "June in Review" in picture form.

We have been spending some time outdoors when we get a chance.  Thank goodness that the weather seems to be smartening up. The only problem is that the grass is growing like mad!  Hopefully we doing lose Shallen in the yard!  Here she is strutting her "stuff" in a very interesting outfit.  There are times that I am so happy that we live out of town! LOL


Both Rhiannon and Makenna are speed swimming this year. We have not gotten into competing yet but I don't think it is far off.  I have some videos of them which I took with my phone but I can't figure out how to get them on my blog so here is a cute picture of Makenna.
We also have two new cats at our house. They even seem to be making "friends" with our dog, Maggie. I am hoping that they stay away from the coyotes that seem to show up in the fall/winter months. 
They sure are cute.  Garfield is the orange one and Blackie (or Gismo, depending on which kid you ask) is the black one. Yep, my kids are very creative with the names.


I also had a couple new wraps show up... so I have to show them off.  The gray one was a travelling wrap which I have already sent off to the next person. It was a very expensive wrap but it was so nice to try out for week or so.  The turquoise one is a very short wrap. It is lightweight and very handy in the warm weather.  Doesn't Shallen look cute in these pictures???


Also in June, Nipawin became Riderville. Here is a picture of my little rider fans. Poor Rhiannon was the only one without Rider Green. I think I know what she needs next time we are in Regina!


The biggest news in the house lately is that Jorja gets to start kindergarten in the fall! She had Kindergarten orientation this week. She is sooooo excited. I bought her a Kindergarten activity book for when we are camping the summer. She sat down and finished it in one day.  Luckily I bought another one which is a Kindergarten/Grade one book for her... hopefully that will be more of a challenge for her.  I don't think she will have any problems at school since she does Rhiannon's grade one homework with her!

It all seemed real that Jorja is starting school in the fall when I ordered her labels from Loveable Labels.  Since my kids have kind of unique names I buy them personalized labels to put on all their school stuff. They think it is cool to have labels with their names on it and I like the fact that the labels are easy to use and pretty much stick to anything!

Finally, I just wanted to share some pictures of Shallen. She is just growing up so very quickly.  I am looking forward to having some more time with my "baby" this summer. Oh how the time ticks by.  It is so easy to lose sight of what is really important when one is so stressed and busy with work. I am so lucky to have the time with my girls during the holidays. (I say as I peek at my summer holiday countdown!)








No comments:

Post a Comment