Tonight Mike started fixing things in the camper... building shelves, checking plumbing and what not. That was my cue to start packing up the important things, so I loaded up my book box!!! LOL
Last summer I read thirteen novels and I already have a big reading list for this summer:
The Last Oracle ~ James Rollins
The Lost Symbol ~ Dan Brown
I, Alex Cross ~ James Patterson (I have read all 16 books in the Alex Cross series so far)
Alex Cross's Trial ~ James Patterson
Bones to Ashes ~ Kathy Reichs (TV show Bones is based on her books. I have never read her books before but I love the TV show Bones)
Blood Ties ~ Kay Hooper (newest book in a series that Andrea and I have been reading)
The Surgeon ~ Tess Gerritsen (I have never read her books before but my sister, Andrea, and I found a few of them on sale then during the winter I picked up the whole series)
The Apprentice ~ Tess Gerritsen
The Sinner ~ Tess Gerritsen
The Body Double ~ Tess Gerritsen
Vanish ~ Tess Gerritsen
The Mephiston Club ~ Tess Gerritsen
The Keepsake ~ Tess Gerritsen
Three Cups of Tea ~ Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
The Charlemagne Pursuit ~ Steve Berry (Christmas Gifts)
The Amber Room ~ Steve Berry
The Fury ~ Jason Pinter (Christmas Gifts)
The Darkness ~ Jason Pinter
The Christmas Sweater ~ Glenn Beck (Christmas Gift)
I am not sure if I will get them all read but I will give it a good shot! (Gee, there is a lot of money worth of books in this box!)
For Christmas this past year, my sister, Andrea, bought me some magnetic book marks from Lee Valley. They are Awesome. They hold their place well and do not fall out. It is amazing that even though they are quite small I have not lost one yet and I think that is because they are magnetic so they stay in!
When I was in Saskatoon last weekend I bought myself a new book light from Chapters Indigo. It puts out lots of light! Perfect for reading in the camper when everyone else is sleeping!
When I was in the city I also picked up a couple books for the kids.
Makenna chose:
Elf Realm ~ Daniel Kirk
A Horse of her Own ~ Annie Wedekind
Rhiannon got her first chapter book to celebrate the end of grade one. I hope she likes it since it is a series and I can buy them for her as needed:
Ivy and Bean Book One
That pretty much tells you what I will be up to this summer. Maybe my next blog should be about all the drinks I plan on having while reading all these book! LOL
So what are YOU reading???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I have a few new books for summer. I'm currently re-reading "A Prayer for Owen Meany" for my book club. Then I have "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "Like Water for Chocolate" waiting for me. I also bought my dad "Sh*t My Dad Says" and I want to borrow it from him this summer.
ReplyDeleteOh... you HAVE to tell me how "the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is... I looked at that book when I was in Chapters. With the list of books I already had in my "box" at home I didn't buy myself any new books.
ReplyDeleteOlivia reads Ivy and Bean!!! They are funny! HOpe you enjoy a ll your reading!!
ReplyDelete"Sh*t My dad Says" is hilarious! That guy is brilliant!
ReplyDeleteI loved "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".
Question: anyone have any book suggestions for a 12 year old girl that doesn't enjoy reading much? We're trying to get my boyfriend's daughter more excited about reading.
I have read all the Tess Gerritsen ones, and the only advice I have is to read them in order. Happy Reading.
ReplyDelete