I have been doing lots of reading this summer. I think I have read 8 books so far. I am not sure if I will make my record of 23 books that I read last summer but I am giving it a try.
Since I have porked out to my largest size ever I decided to spend some time reading some "Fat People" books in hopes that I could help my self esteem. (You see, I have tried the losing weight this past year and all I accomplished was to ruin myself concept and gain another 20lbs)
Anyway, I started by reading "Fat? So!... You don't have to appologize about your size" It was a very motivational book about our culture's fear of fat and how to love yourself, no matter what your size. I really recommend this book to all people Fat and thin. It gives a different outlook on body size and health. Actually I think if all people read this book it would make our society more tolerant of Fat people of all sizes. Check out www.fatso.com (I think that is the website.)
I just finished reading "A Pretty Fat" by Jen Landcaster (I think that was her name) Anyway, it was a memoire about her battle to lose weight. It was very funny, especially at the beginning with all her failed attempts. I was somewhat jealous by the end when she lost some weight but it was still very motivational and funny since eventhough she was big she still had great self esteem.
So now that I have given you a couple book reviews I need to tell you about my day yesterday. It was Hard Alc. Friday and it was too windy to boat or beach so Andrea (who also has read Fat! So?) and I decided to hang out at the campsite in our awesome reclining chairs (we bought for a steal at JYSK), read, drink and sun ourselves. Of course with our new Fat-Esteem we decided to turn our Tankinis into Bikinis. Now you must realize that my bodacious belly has not seen the light of day since I was 13 and I decided I was too fat to wear bikinis. *roll eyes here* Anyway we rolled up our tops and scootched down our bottoms to give the full fatty effect. (Of course I had already applied suncreen to every part of my body except my belly, heck, it never sees the sun so why bother!) We read, we drank, we burned!
Holy crap my belly aches... The reflection of the redness radiates heat and no amount of aloe gel can quench the flames! OUCH.
It makes me reconsider the hot pick thong bikini bottoms that I was thinking of buying from the Fat!So? website for our trip to Mexico this winter. I could not imagine burning my ass this bad!
Anyway, today I put suncreen everywhere including my belly... Not that the red beach ball is going to see the sun today! LOL
Next time you see a person you consider Fat in a bikini don't look away and snicker... Smile and give her a high five... Imagine the self esteem that fatty must have to be able walk proudly in public letting it all hang out! You go Fat Girl!!!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld



I'm glad you liked the Jenn Lancaster book, can't wait to read more reviews. I live in a 2 piece swimsuit all summer, and I think you should get the thong for Mexico.
ReplyDeleteMartha
I will join the brigade!!!
ReplyDelete