Today Rhiannon read a book about a dappled horse and I thought it would make for a great blog title! Thanks Rhiannon.
Yep, lately the apples are landing on the ground... oooops... there goes another one. Have you checked out my summer holiday countdown lately ------------------------------------------------------>
This is a very busy time for me. May and June are just so stressful. The weather is not helping. Actually, it can rain for the next 3 weeks for all I care... I might as well just stay grumpy!!!
Today I was searching on The Canadian Mental Health Association and trying to diagnose myself and I found this work/life balance quiz. I got a 4. Yep that sucks. I am sure that if I wait for a month I will have a much better score!
Tonight, after supper was done and the dishes put away, I put on my PJs and watched So You Think You Can Dance with Makenna in my bed. We ate popcorn and drank some yummy Chocolate Strawberry Tea from Sisters Leap Tea. Their tea is divine!!! If you are looking for a wonderful teacher gift *hint hint* they have great tea and they ship from Regina!!! Anyway, it was 7:15pm and we were in bed watching TV and sharing a "moment"... ah... that is what it is all about, yet, there is still that nagging feeling inside me....
I have been trying to get out of this funk for awhile. I just feel... weird, not myself... extra stressed... When we were in PA a couple weeks ago Mike bought me The Book of Awesome. (ok so I sent him into the bookstore looking for it... but that counts as a gift ... right?) Anyway, I finished the book today while doing noon hour supervision. I had a little tear in my eye while I finished the last couple pages. I was hoping that the book would help my funk... but to no avail... the funk is still there.....
I bought a ticket for Lotto Max on Friday. 50 million and 20 ~ 1 million dollar extra prizes. Would a lottery release me from this feeling? I am not sure it would. BUT I know it would really help with the work/life balance... and I am hoping it would help with keeping my apples from becoming dappled. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Glad you like your tea! I should go make a cup for myself... it's been one of those days for me too!
ReplyDeleteawwwww hope your feeling like yourself soon :) That is so awesome to curl up with your baby in bed....I sure wish I could! But then my babies are giving me babies and it is almost as good :) I've said it before but you need to hear it often. I admire you as a Momma/teacher/wife. I've said a million times I don't know how you do it with 4 little ones and work! I can't imagine how you do it. I never did it at your age and if I had tried I know I would have been way to lazy and done a terrible job of it. I see you put your family life ahead of other things and for that you are awarded my deepest admiration! You kick ass in your classes and then take it home and nourish your little ladies into princesses...well done!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! (((HUGS))) all around!
ReplyDelete